Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam's poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations. We are looking for a Vietnamese national for ICT Officer based in Ho Chi Minh City.
The ICT Officer will be the country point person for the US-based project manager for a project using Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality named BecaXR (mobile application) to enhance youth employability skills. The post holder will provide oversight of the pilot implementation, in addition to supporting the project team on ICT and e-learning overall.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Pilot implementation
- Coordinate implementation of the BecaXR pilot rollout
- Provide input to project team on inclusion of ICT components in program assessments, trainings, content development, etc.
- Provide input and technical support to the project team during the requirements analysis, design and development process.
- Support project team, developers and different stakeholders in understanding and utilizing relevant technological tools, platforms, systems and solutions.
- Prepare BecaXR implementation plan and schedule in consultation with project team.
- Provide input and technical support in implementing BecaXR in the project schools and resource centres.
- Assist in preparing training plan and materials. Provide training and support in the field when necessary.
- Provide pre and post go live (mobile app deployment) technical support to the project team, partners and users.
Key Area 2: ICT Technical Support
- Provide ICT support across the project (e.g., online curriculum updates or any other e/ICT/app initiatives).
- Support Southern Area Office with ICT technical input and troubleshooting
- Assist ICT Coordinator/MEAL Officer on country office initiatives when required
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years' experience in software development
- Experience in working with students and youth (both in-school or out-of-school youth)
- Experience in organizing campaigns, events, and training is preferred
- Experience working with and managing both technical and non-technical partners
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong organizational skills and presentation skills, including ability to communicate technical/ICT concepts to non-technical staff
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Very good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI mission, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Please send CV and a completed application form, contact of three referees and a covering letter in English addressing the list of competencies to: 5th Floor, Kicotrans Building, 20 Song Thao, 2 Ward, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City or by Email: Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org
Tổ Chức Giáo Dục FPT – fpt.edu.vn
Trường Đào Tạo Lập Trình Viên Quốc Tế – aptech.fpt.edu.vn